Coordinated by Cindy Taylor-Patch, Director of Training
The Training Advisory Committee (TAC) is comprised of representatives from throughout the VT Criminal Justice System. The TAC's primary purpose is to conduct comprehensive reviews of new and updated curriculum for both Basic Training and In-Service Academy programs (excluding use of force curriculum) - recommending acceptance or denial of these programs to the Executive Director. In addition to these reviews the TAC also periodically conducts scheduled reviews of both basic training programs (full and part-time) to ensure they are current and reflective of the current needs of modern policing. The TAC is also responsible for the review of Academy instructor certification/recertification requests in those circumstances where extenuating circumstances arise causing the staff to seek their counsel. In addition to these responsibilities the TAC may also undertake special assignments as put forth by the Executive Director or Council.
- Chair: George Merkel, Chief, Vergennes PD
- Vice Chair: Vacant
- Kevin McLaughlin, Sheriff, Chittenden CSD
- Barbara Zonay, Lt., VSP
- Andy Thibault, Lt., Dept. of Liquor Control
- Douglas Johnston, Chief, Springfield PD
- Keith Clark, Sheriff, Windham CSD
- Greg Eckhardt, Lt., Dept. of Fish and Wildlife
- Mary McIntyre, Lt., VT Dept. of Motor Vehicles
The next TAC meeting will be held on March 24, 2016 from 0900 – 1300.