Please Note: The Academy assists other organizations by advertising their conferences, workshops, and other training programs on this webpage. However, one should not assume that the Academy is endorsing programs listed here, nor are we responsible for the training or registration unless otherwise noted. Please read the training descriptions carefully for more information! Thank you!
State Conferences and Workshops
- Traffic Incident Management
Off Site Links
The following links will take you off site, please read them over carefully for Training Dates and Registration Information
- Amber Alert Training Programs (U.S. DOJ)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Training for Vermont Law Enforcement
- National White Collar Crime Center Online Courses
- New England Animal Control/Humane Academy
- NH Police Standards and Training Council - check out their training calendar!
- Norwich University - Master of Justice Administration
- The Summit: Center for State Employee Development
Alco-Sensor FST PBT device
Intoximeters offers complementary online training for the Alco-Sensor FST PBT device. The link to the training is http://training.intox.com/asfst/. Click here for more information on the registration process.
Officers can choose the “Supervisor” option when registering themselves for the training. Students should have an AS FST device with them as they go through the program so they can practice the various procedures and registration will require them to enter a serial number in order to complete
Command Leadership Institute with FBI-LEEDA
- Date: September 26 -30 at the Essex Police Department. 145 Maple Street Essex Jct., Vermont 05452
- Cost: The cost of the Command Leadership Institute is $695.
- Register online at https://fbileeda.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1563890
- For local information about the course, contact Chief Ron Hoague. EPD at 802-857-0093
September 26-30, 2022
Hosted by the Essex Police Department
The Command Leadership Institute (CLI) is part two of the three-step leadership series that makes up the FBI-LEEDA Trilogy. The CLI is a dynamic and challenging program uniquely designed to prepare law enforcement leaders for command level positions.
The Command Leadership Institute provides real-life, contemporary, best-practice strategies and techniques for those who are already commanders or are aspiring to a command level assignment. CLI faculty members are passionate instructors who have executive level law enforcement and leadership experience.
CLI students will be engaged in such topics as: credibility, command discipline, liability, problem employees, and leading change within an organization. The Command Leadership Institute is student-centered with a high degree of student involvement.
The cost of the Command Leadership Institute is $695.
To register and for more info go to: https://fbileeda.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1563890
For local information about the course, contact Chief Ron Hoague. EPD at 802-857-0093
NEACOP: 2022 Annual Conference
- Date: October 30 - November 2nd at the Equinox Resort, Manchester Vermont
- Before October 1st $295
- After October 2st $395
- Registration: registration is done online click here for more information
- Register early, you won’t be disappointed! Be sure to reserve a room at the Equinox Resort in Manchester Vermont at 877-854-7625, REMEMBER, you need to mention the New England Association of Chiefs of Police to get the discounted room rate of $129.00 plus tax.
We hope everyone is having a great summer! We have finalized the NEACOP Conference October 30-November 2nd 2022 with exciting instructors with the topics your interested in. We are offering incentives to bring savings for your department. What are those savings? We are having a hot summer and we want to bring some hot deals to you. What are they?
For registering before October 1, 2022, the cost of the two-day training and annual meeting is $295.00. After October 1, 2022 the cost goes up to $395.00.
For bringing two or more additional officers from your department the cost would be $200.00 each for the two days of training and our annual meeting. That’s a savings of $95.00 each! Can’t beat that savings. The annual banquet dinner is $55.00 each if you choose to attend. We have some life saving awards to present and we would love to see you there to support these deserving officers.
What’s happening for training? To give you a preview we have lined up
- Use of Force training. Attorney Eric Daigle, Daigle Law Group
- Dealing with News Media, what you need to know, Instructor Shannon Moss from the Maine State Police.
- The Retreat from Proactive Policing and Its Impacts on Public Safety Instructor: James F. Desmarais, J.D., Professor - Johnson & Wales University Capt. Providence PD (ret).
- Risk Management for Law Enforcement Leaders, Instructor: Richard F. Bates, Esq., Lieutenant Worcester PD (ret)
- “In that Moment” Lessons learned from an officer-involved shooting, Instructor: Officer Jeremy Brewer, Hamden CT Police Department
Register early, you won’t be disappointed! Be sure to reserve a room at the Equinox Resort in Manchester Vermont at 877-854-7625, REMEMBER, you need to mention the New England Association of Chiefs of Police to get the discounted room rate of $129.00 plus tax.
Traffic incident management is the process of coordinating the resources of a number of different public and private sector partners to detect, respond to, and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible to reduce the duration and impacts of incidents, while protecting the safety of on-scene responders and the traveling public.
The training addresses all aspects of incident response, from the moment the first emergency call is made to the correct positioning of response vehicles and equipment, to a safe work area using traffic control devices, to final scene clearance.
The four-hour, in-person training brings police, firefighters, DOT, towing, medical personnel, and other incident responders together to foster relationships and engage in interactive training. They learn how to work together in a coordinated manner, from the moment the first emergency call is made to final scene clearance.
To find dates and times for Traffic Incident Management courses check the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security training calander
National White Collar Crime Center Online Courses
Visit the National White Collar Crime Center Website
Economic Crime Foundation Series (ECFS), NW3C's first complete Online Distance Learning Program
The Economic Crime Foundation Series (ECFS), consists of five self-paced introductory level courses
- Introduction to White Collar Crime
- Elder Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Disaster Fraud
- Money Laundering
The Summit: Center for State Employee Development
The Vermont Department of Human Resources' "The Summit: Center for State Employee Development" has openings in many of its courses covering a wide range of professional development, leadership, and health and wellness topics. Grant writing, facilitation, performance measurement, systems thinking, and emotional intelligence are among the many offerings. Many courses are free, although a fee is charged for some. The Summit is located in the Osgood Building, Waterbury State Office Complex, 103 South Main Street, Waterbury, VT. Check out their website for more information.