Coordinator: Sara Couture
Length of course: 40 hours (5 days)
Course hours: 0800 - 1630
- March 28-April 1, 2016
- May 23-27, 2016
- October 10-14, 2016
- November 28- December 2, 2016**
**Post-basic classes. Preference will be given to graduates of the 101st and 102nd Basic Classes.
Location: Vermont Police Academy
Tuition: None, if initial training, includes accommodations and lunch.
Audits - Commute $127.00; Overnight $281.00.
Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
This 40-hour course provides police officers with the knowledge and skills to operate the DMT Infrared Breath Testing Device used to collect evidentiary breath samples for DUI cases. The course, delivered by VCJTC certified instructors, instructors from the Department of Health, the Office of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program and the State's Attorney's Office, provides Infrared Breath Testing Device Certification.
The following topics are also discussed:
- DUI Law and Case Law
- Physiological and Psychological Effects of Alcohol
- DUI Detection and Apprehension Techniques
- Standardized Field Sobriety Exercises
- DUI Processing Forms
- Courtroom Testimony at the DUI Trial
- Introduction to Drugged Driving
* Officers must bring their own copy of Title 23.
* Homework Required.