Follow the links to be read the training descriptions
- June 22 - 23, 2023 at the Vermont Police Academy
- September 28 - 29, 2023 at the Essex Police Department
- November 16 - 17 at West Dover Fire Department
Animal Cruelty Investigation for Law Enforcement Officers
- April 10
The ARIDE Refresher course was developed for law enforcement officers who have attended the 16-hour in-person ARIDE course. It is designed to provide the officers with key concepts taught in the full two-day training through an interactive web-based format to refresh their skills.
NHTSA's ARIDE training is a 16-hour, in-person instructor-led course that builds on the skills of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests to enhance a law enforcement officer's ability to detect impaired driving and enforce relevant laws. With the development of the 4-hour ARIDE Refresher eLearning course, officers trained in ARIDE can refresh their skills without having to attend an in-person course; instead, they can access the course when their schedule allows, from anywhere with an internet connection. Featuring highly skilled and well-trained subject matter experts from across the country, this course will allow learners to re-engage with the material from the in-person course while testing their knowledge through realistic scenarios and testing before, during, and after the training.
Officers can sign up for an account to access the training at www.copstrainingportal.org It requires minimal information and gives the officer access to all courses offered through the LMS. All courses are free and can be taken at the officers’ own pace.
Once your account is created navigate to E-Learning Courses, Drug Awareness & Enforcement, and select Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) Refresher.
Upon completion, please provide the certificate of completion and the supporting documentation to Jen Hier (Jennifer.email@example.com) at the Vermont Police Academy. You will receive 4 credit hours for this training
- Online training, click link for more information.
Body Language for Law Enforcement
- June 14, 2023 at Manchester Police Department
- Register online at https://www.streetcoptraining.com/event/body-language-for-law-enforcement
- Canine in-service is offered Monday through Friday at the Vermont Police Academy. Click here for the schedule or to register
Canine Urban Tracking
- June 5 -9
Canine Wilderness Tracking
- June 19 - 23
Command Leadership Institute
- May 15 - 19 at the Hartford Police Department
- Register online at at www.fbileeda.org or call 877-772-7712 for more information.
The registration fee is $795/student. Class begins at 8:30 am. Dress: business casual.
Communications Training Officer Refresher
- Course is now held remotely, contact Michelle Hunt for registration
Crime Scene Investigation, Level II/ Waivers
- May 1
- June 15 at Rutland City Police Department
DUI Detection/SFST Course and DMT Certification
- April 24 - 28
- Multiple dates and webinars available. Click the link for more information
- April 11, 2023
- May 9, 2023
- June 20, 2023
- July 11, 2023
- August 15, 2023
- September 26, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- November 7, 2023
Executive Leadership Institute
- July 24 - 29 at the Hartford Police Department
- Register online at www.fbileeda.org or call 877-772-7712 for more information. The registration fee is $795/student. Class begins at 8:30 am. Dress: business casual.
Fair and Impartial Policing Baseline Training
- May 8
- April 11, 2023. Two sessions are available, click the link for more information.
Glock Armourers Course
- August 1, 2023 Manchester PD - 60 Jeff Williams Way - Manchester Ctr, VT
- Register online at https://glocktraining.com/RegWizard.aspx?classid=110493
NCIC FSTO/LFSTO - FBI National Crime Information Center
The FBI requires new or returning personnel who require access to their National Crime Information Center (NCIC) to be both NCIC and CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) certified. Registration for this online training experience is required, and submitted by your agency’s NCIC TACs (Terminal Agency Coordinators) to Jennifer Mucha via email at Jennifer.Mucha@vermont.gov.
NHTSA Doppler Radar Operator Certification
- April 10 at the Vermont Fire Academy
NHTSA LIDAR Operation Certification
- April 11 at the Vermont Fire Academy
- April 10 - 14 at the South Burlington Police Department.
- Register online at ntoa.org
- Registration deadline is 3/11/2023
- Contact Sergeant Pat Mulcahy via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Police officers are required by Vermont statute to be re-certified every 3 years, following the training and certification outlined above, in order to take fingerprints from minors as part of a voluntary identification program. To be recertified, an officer must submit to VCIC a set of prints via electronic capture OR the standard ink and roll method. The prints will be examined for quality, and if acceptable, recertification will be granted. If the prints are found to be unacceptable, the officer will have to re-take the Basic Fingerprinting Certification Course. Please note: recertification is NOT required for the purposes of taking prints as part of an investigation, employment-related background checks, etc.
Send a set of fingerprints to VCIC C/O Identification Section Supervisor, 42 State Street, Waterbury, VT 05671-130
Patrol Rifle Instructor School
- May 22 - 26, 2023 at Hale Mountain Fish & Game Club Range 684 Rod and Gun Club Rd., Shaftsbury,VT 05262
- Register via email at MTLETraining@gmail.com
Police Driving Instructor School
- March 27 - April 7, 2023
Radar/Lidar Instructor Development Course
- Date to be announced
- Return the linked application to JamieLee.Bedard@vermont.gov by 5-31-2023 in order to ensure your spot in the course.
- Interested parties should contact JamieLee Bedard at JamieLee.Bedard@vermont.gov with questions
REID Technique of Investigative Interviewing and Advanced Interrogation
- April 18 - 21, 2023 at the Stowe Police Department 350 S Main Street Stowe, VT 05672
- Register online at REID.com.
- Click here for more information
- April 10
SIG SAUER P320 Armorer Certification
- August 14, 2023 at Barre Auditorium, 16 Auditorium Hill, Barre, VT 05641
- Register online at https://www.sigsaueracademy.com
SIG SAUER P365 Armorer Certification
- August 15, 2023 at Barre Auditorium, 16 Auditorium Hill, Barre, VT 05641
- Register online at https://www.sigsaueracademy.com
Spillman Dispatcher Training
- Now an online event please contact Michelle Hunt for more information.
Team Two Law Enforcement and Mobile Crisis Training Responding to a Mental Health Crisis
- Date and Location:May 3, 2023 at Burlington Electric 585 Pine Street, Burlington VT.
Registration: Complete this form and return it to Kristin Chandler by email at email@example.com - Registration Deadline is April 21, 2023
Unmasking Hidden Facial Expressions
- June 13 2023, at Manchester Police Department
- Register online at https://www.streetcoptraining.com/event/unmasking-facial-expressions-13/
- April 11, 2023.