- Date and Time: Monday, July, 11, 2016, 0800 - 1600.
- Location: The Winooski Educational Center 70 Normand Street, Winooski, VT 05404
- Registration: Download the registration paperwork and fax to Ms. Tammy Lynn LaBonte, 860. 436.9822
- Cost: 125.00 Per Student (Group Discounts Available)
- Download the Flyer
“This course is an easy to use communications class for street confrontations that will assist to de-escalate engagements, reduce complaints, and liability, as well enhance officer survival!”
This is a classroom based combat-confrontation conflict resolution avoidance course. The program instructed within a classroom setting how to recognize aggression and not stimulate aggression. Students learn Active Diffusion Strategies that can avoid escalating or resolve interactions by employing tactical de-escalation methods. Officers are instructed in officer safety tactical options when de-escalation does not work and how to deploy and coordinate successful strategies. Instruction uses lectures and demonstrations to facilitate learning.
- Risk management for officer safety
- How complaints are used against officers in litigation
- Learn principles of emotional intelligence for law enforcement
- Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- Understanding physiological changes during aggression
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
- Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- Plus more!