This course is offered regionally about 4 times each year and twice at the Academy (post-basic, limited seating).
- Coordinator: Sara Couture
- Length of Course: 8 hours
- Course hours: 0800-1600
- Date/Location: June 2, 2016/VPA (Post-Basic Limited Seating)
- Tuition: None if initial training. $22.00 @ the Vermont Police Academy (includes lunch and materials), $6.50 off campus ( includes materials).
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course delivered by VCJTC certified Instructors is designed to provide police officers with the necessary certification to set-up, test, and operate radar devices for speed measurement. The eight-hour class which includes both classroom and field experience provides the officer with the knowledge and skills to operate both stationary and moving radar. The following topics are presented: Doppler theory; VT statutory and case law regarding speed enforcement; operation of specific speed measurement devices; and courtroom testimony.