- Date: June 2nd and 3rd
- Times and Costs are located in the descriptions below
- Location: Lamoille Valley Fish and Game Club 1158 Garfield Road, Morristown VT 05661
- Registration: Send completed registration forms to email@example.com
The Vermont Police Association is hosting a one day patrol rifle workshop for members on June 2nd 2016, followed by patrol rifle competition on June 3rd 2016. The workshop will cover advanced rifle deployment techniques, followed by one day of shooting competition and elimination.
The training evolutions are generally 100 yards and closer and can include moving targets, multiple adversaries, target identification, judgment in the use of force while shooting from various positions under physical and mental stress within given time limits.
A full day of patrol rifle competition will challenge participants and allow them to utilize the skills
they learned the day before. The winner of the competition will receive a patrol rifle donated by Parro’s Gun Shop, as well as receive a trophy which will be presented at the annual conference being held November 12, 2016 at The Essex, Vermont Culinary Resort and Spa in Essex Junction, VT. THE NUMBER OF COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED TO FORTY (40), SO REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Members can register for either or both events. If you’re not a member, you can register on the day of the event, you must be a Law Enforcement Officers. Registration forms can be found on our Facebook and Website pages or you can email Michael.Major@Vermont.Gov. Please include your name, address, DOB, email address and phone number. Payment will be due on the day of each training.
Thursday June 2nd
Registration will start at 07:30, 08:00-12:00 classroom, 12:00-13:00 lunch, and 13:00-17:00 classroom. Registration forms and payment will be required.
- Workshop: https://www.facebook.com/events/998089136943672/
- The cost of the workshop will be $30.00 (Lunch supplied for an additional $5.00)
- Workshop: 500 Rifle Rounds, 200 Pistol Rounds
Friday June 3rd,
Registration will begin at 07:00, Registration forms and payment will be due and inspection of weapons will be conducted.
- Competition: https://www.facebook.com/events/1613047998917620/
- The cost of the rifle competition is $20.00 (Lunch supplied for an additional $5.00)
- All participants must have completed a basic patrol rifle, tactical rifle, or carbine user’s course to be eligible to compete. Military basic training meets this requirement. Proof will be required to register
- Competition: 150 Rifle Rounds , 150 Pistols Rounds