- Coordinator: Sara Couture
- Length of course: 16 hours
- Course hours: 0800 - 1600
- Dates and Locations:
- March 9-10, 2016 at Colchester PD
- June 8-9, 2015 at TBD
- September 14-15, 2016 at Colchester PD
- December 14-15, 2016 at VP Academy
- $13.00 regionally (lunch is on your own)
- $48.50 commuting to the VPA (lunch included)
- $67.00 overnight @ VPA (breakfast, 2 lunches, and dinner included)
This course is designed to assist officers in becoming more proficient detecting and apprehending, impaired drivers. Upon completion of this training, officers will be capable of detecting impairment caused by substances other than alcohol. All candidates must currently be actively involved in impaired driving enforcement.
Officers MUST be highly skilled in the administration and interpretation of SFSTs. Your proficiency will be tested by certified SFST Instructors. SFSTs are strongly emphasized and you can expect to increase your skill level in using these tests after taking this course.
This training is an essential tool for officers dedicated to saving lives by removing impaired drivers from our roads. In addition, knowledge and skills obtained during A.R.I.D.E. will facilitate better communication and transfer of critical roadside indicators of impairment to the Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) who may be called for a more complete and accurate assessment of impairment. For those considering the pursuit of DRE training, A.R.I.D.E. will serve as a career path step towards achieving that goal