- Coordinator: Sara Couture
- Length of course: 7 hours
- Course hours: 0830 – 1630 hours
- Date: September 21, 2016
- Location: Forget-Me-Not Farm, Tinmouth, Vermont*
- Tuition: $18.50 (lunch provided)
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at email@example.com
To attend this class: You must have attended a Level I and Level II Animal Cruelty Investigation course presented by the Vermont Humane Federation’s Animal Cruelty Response Coalition. Level I is being offered August 31, 2016 and Level II is being offered September 9, 2016
This hands-on workshop will build on the information presented during the Level I and Level II workshops, by having participants use the skills and techniques they learned in the classroom in a real-life setting. Forget-me-Not Farm will serve as the host for a mock “crime scene” involving large animals. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Practice their interview techniques, report-writing and evidence gathering skills in a group setting;
- Become more comfortable with handling equines by approaching and leading live animals;
- Use body scoring techniques in order to assist in determining animal health.
Participants must bring with them their Animal Cruelty Investigation manual.
Please Note: Persons who currently own the "Animal Cruelty Investigation Manual”, 1st or 2nd or 3rd edition, and are interested in purchasing the newly released 4th edition of this manual... please indicate so when registering. Manual cost is $35.00.
*Directions to Forget-Me-Not Farm, 12 McNamara Road, Tinmouth, VT:
From the North: Route 7 South to Wallingford VT. Take route 140 West (right turn) at the traffic light and follow 140 about 8 miles. Turn left on McNamara Road. Farm is first right [yellow house] up the hill.
From the South: Route 7 North to Wallingford, VT. Take route 140 West (left turn) at the traffic light. Follow 140 about 8 miles. Turn left on McNamara Road. Farm is first right [yellow house] up the hill.