- Coordinator: Jenn Firpo
- Length of course: 7 hours
- Course hours: 0800 – 1600 hours
- Location: Vermont Police Academy
- Date: September 25, 2017
- Tuition: $20.00
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at email@example.com
To attend this class: You must have attended a prior workshop on investigating animal cruelty in Vermont. One that has been sponsored by the Vermont Humane Federation’s Animal Cruelty Response Coalition or attended the Vermont Police Academy’s “Animal Cruelty Investigation – Level I” (this class is being offered this year on August 31, 2016).
This advanced workshop on animal cruelty investigations will focus on more specialized topics in animal cruelty investigation, including:
- Animal husbandry practices: walking the fine line between education and seizure;
- Working with the Agency of Agriculture on livestock complaints;
- The investigation of equine cruelty complaints;
- Animal hoarding: handling large-scale animal cruelty investigations.
- Handling wildlife cruelty complaints
Participants must bring with them their Animal Cruelty Investigation Manual.
Please Note: Persons who currently own the "Animal Cruelty Investigator’s Manual” (1st, 2nd or 3rd edition) and are interested in purchasing the newly released 4th edition of this manual... please indicate so when registering. Manual cost is $35.00.