- Coordinator: Leslie Bodette
- Length of course: 4 hours
- Course hours: see below
- April 6th 2017: 0800-1130 hours
- VIN Verification is offered in the afternoon on the same dates and must be registered for separately.
- Location: Vermont Police Academy
- Tuition: None, if initial certification. Repeat/audit - $9.00
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fingerprints offer an infallible means of personal identification. They are used for identification of a person, background checks for employment, documenting criminal records, creating investigative leads, and tying suspects to evidence or crime scenes.
This course is designed to train police officers to properly roll legible fingerprints. It also provides police officers with the necessary certification to obtain fingerprints from minors as required by statute. This certification is valid for three years. See Fingerprint Re-certification for recert processes.
This course has been designed by Vermont Criminal Information Center Identification Section and includes:
An overview of basic fingerprinting classification, the procedure of taking prints, officer safety while printing, how to properly fill out required fingerprint cards, and the life of a fingerprint card.
All students will practice rolling fingerprints under the supervision of trainers.
Rolling a quality set of fingerprint impressions and the successful completion of a written exam are required for certification.