This course is offered approximately four times each year at the academy, two of which are during Post-Basic classes, resulting in limited seating. Regional trainings may also occur throughout the year.
- Coordinator: Leslie Bodette
- Length of Course: 8 hours
- Course hours: 0800-1600
- April 27, 2017 VPA
- May 31, 2017 VPA (Post-Basic, Limited Seating)
- September 28, 2017 VPA
- November 22, 2017 VPA (Post-Basic, Limited Seating)
- Tuition: None if initial training for Vermont law enforcement officers.
- Repeat/audit - $22.00 @ the Vermont Police Academy (includes lunch and materials), $6.50 off-campus (includes materials).
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course delivered by VCJTC certified Instructors is designed to provide police officers with the necessary certification to set-up, test, and operate radar devices for speed measurement. The eight-hour class which includes both classroom and field experience provides the officer with the knowledge and skills to operate both stationary and moving radar. The following topics are presented: Doppler theory; VT statutory and case law regarding speed enforcement; operation of specific speed measurement devices; and courtroom testimony.