NHTSA Laser Operator Certification
This course is offered approximately four times each year at the academy, two of which are during Post-Basic classes, resulting in limited seating. Regional trainings may also occur throughout the year.
- Coordinator: Leslie Bodette
- Length of course: 8 hours
- Course hours: 0800 - 1600
- May 22, 2017 VPA
- June 15, 2017 VPA (Post-Basic, Limited seating)
- November 1, 2017 VPA
- TBD (in December 2017, Post-Basic, Limited Seating)
- Tuition: None if initial training for Vermont law enforcement officers.
- Repeat/audit - $22.00 @ the Vermont Police Academy (includes lunch and materials), $6.50 off-campus (includes materials).
- Registration: Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Certification course. This course provides officers training in the setup, testing and operation of any LASER speed measuring device.
- Participant is urged to bring a Laser device to class.
- Four hours in classroom.
- Four hours supervised practical training. (Officers should be in uniform and prepared for traffic enforcement.)