The 2023 Rule 13 form (see below) is the only mandated form for 2023. It is similar to last year's reporting including the following updates:
- Attestation for carrying CEW
- Attestation of submission of Race Data
- Verifying submission of CEW displays and deployments for the year (already statutorily required)
- A copy of all Council-mandated policies listed in the affidavit (already statutorily required)
- The Rule 13 form is due by March 1, 2024, for the Jan 1-Dec 31, 2023, time frame. Waivers must be requested outside of that time period.
- All changes in employment must be submitted.
- Forms listed below (bottom of page) are the up-to-date documents for submission
Moving forward for 2023 there is a new “Annual Requirements Tracking Form”. This form is to be completed by individual officers for submission to their agency head for annual reporting. It is NOT required for submission in 2023 however we encourage agencies to begin to transition to this form as all documentation will be required for the annual training submissions in 2024.
- If instructors are submitting instructor hours as part of their annual training requirement they will only be able to submit 10 hours in one discipline.
Forms for 2023 Annual Training Requirements Submission:
Rule 13 Affidavit 2023 (The only mandated form for submission)
Employment Notification Form (only if you have not submitted for an officer that has departed or for any new officers)
Annual Requirements Tracking (not required but will be a tracking tool for individual officers to submit to agency heads prior to Rule 13 submissions for 2024)
Inservice VCJC Waiver Request (if you will be submitting the affidavit past the March 1, 2024 deadline)
Forms should be submitted to Executive Director Lindsay Thivierge at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
317 Academy Rd,
Pittsford, VT 05763
Online classes - When submitting annual training information for the 30 hours and you are utilizing online training, please include a printout with the course/instructor information accompanied by any certificates/rosters if available.
Classes - Bio's/CV's must be included for instructors that are being utilized for the 30 hours that are being submitted. Any bio/CV can be informal and more demonstrative of their experience or qualifications for teaching that content.
This information will be used as a way for us to see what training agencies are utilizing for training and who is doing the training.
VPA instructors' bio/CV do not need to be included as they should already be on file with the VPA and are not a requirement for the agencies to fulfill.